1- VLC Media Player
This VLC media player is an open source multimedia player that can easily be installed on any device and that can play a variety of file formats. You can also play DVDs and CDs.
VLC supports almost all audio and video compression methods and file formats and is even able to stream media over computer networks and to transcode multimedia files. VLC comes with a large number of free decoding and encoding libraries. The ‘libvacodec library‘ from FFmpeg provides many of VLC’s codecs but the player also has some built in codecs.
VLC became more popular being the first player to support playback of encrypted DVDs using its libdvcss DVD decryption library.
One of the best features of this tiny program is the fact that it can also stream and run IPTV with m3u files. If you have the latest version of VLC, you can stream TV from IPTV through it’s powerful and yet user friendly interface.
In order to set up VLC to stream IPTV, you need to follow these steps :
- Download and install latest version of VLC
- Now, you need to launch VLC media player
- Go ahead and navigate to Open Network Stream
- Locate the HTTP/HTTPS/FTP/MMS option. Check the box for this option. Type the IPTV Egypt M3U subscription URL into the URL box and hit Enter.
- The IPTVEgypt playlist should now be visible in VLC. You should now have all your channels in the left panel.
- If you want to view a certain channel, you can simply select the respective channel and then click the “Right” arrow to launch the channel.
2- Simple TV
Simple TV is one of the best IPTV players for Windows 10 users offering a free and convenient player for viewing TV programs in digital format. This app also allows you to listen to radio and watch IPTV but does not support torrent TV technology.
There is no installation process as this app is totally portable. Because of this feature the Windows registry and Start menu/screen are not modified with new entries and no data is left behind after deletion.
Another important aspect about Simple TV is that the interface is organized neatly to enable you to easily browse for the TV channels you enjoy. You can even customize the way each entry is displayed on the main window.
Some of the best features of Simple TV include:
Adjust brightness, contrast or volume for each channel
Crop features for video streams
Easily create playlists/play multimedia files
Ability to record video streams with scheduele – PiP
Exporting capabilities as M3u playlist
Download playlists created by other users
Support for LUA script
Can be ran in system tray
Simultaneous playback of streams
3- MyIPTV Player – Microsoft
MyIPTV Player is an app designed by Microsoft that offer you IPTV watching capabilities without installing any 3rd party software.
All you need to run MyIPTV Player is a Windows 10 PC and access to Microsoft Store. Once MyIPTV is installed then you need to follow these steps to set it up :
- Open MyIPTV Player app
- The screen that will appear is not very good looking but will improve after the setup is complete
- Click on ‘Settings’ then click ”Add New Playlist” and choose EPG source.
- In the middle of the screen you will see the ‘Remote channel list’.
- Click on that box and enter your preferred IPTV name like ” IPTV Egypt “
- In the part that says ‘Enter Remote Source” you want to type in your IPTV Egypt subscription M3U link
- Choose the TV program you want to watch and enjoy
ProgDVB/ProgTV is another universal and powerful software for watching digital TV and listening to online radio channels. ProgDVB is formed by two independent user interfaces that work together to offer you easy access to all the options.
ProgDVB is designed for remote control (HTPC) but also offers you the same functions if used with a mouse.
This powerful program has support for various types of data sources :
Internet Tv and Radio – 8000 channels in the list
DVB-S (satellite), DVB-S2, DVB-C (cable), DVB-T, DVB-T2, ATSC, ISDB-T
Kartina TV, Rodina TV, OTT Club, Shura TV, Sovok TV
Playback from a file
Key features include:
High Definition TV support including H.264/AVC
Mosaic fast channels preview
Support for the majority of DVB, ISDB-T and ATSC devices including DiSEqC and CAM interfaces support
10 Bands equalizer
TV and Radio channels recording
Support for VR, VMR7,VMR9 and EVR renderers including OSD (except VR) independently from channel type or signal presence
In this article, we explored some of the best options for watching TV comfortably using your own PC with Windows 10 operating system.
The options presented in this post cover both the needs of users who need a simple and fast way to set up IPTV, as well as the needs of users who want to add a bit more customization power to their experience.